Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first wedding cake!





On this labour day, I fulfill my time with decorating a 3 tier fondant cake. The theme is about fairy tale. On top of the cake is the castle with prince and princess. All the windows are in love. Pink and purple to represent romantic of the wedding. 

The fire cracker is for the cake cutting ceremony. I wish it would enlighten the guest in the wedding dinner. :D My first experience of decorating this 3 tier cake is a wonderful thing in my life too! I never thought of making a 3 tier wedding cake! I am proud of it.

For my self, I still need to improve on placing the pillar and also working on the construction of the miniatures. The castles tend to fall sometimes as they don't have a solid base. It is purely fondant.
Next time, I should get ready some polyfoam to make it stand well.

It's a tiring job and it's a present for my friend. I hope to bring joy and happiness to friends around. When I first read through other's blog about fondant birthday cake, I always admire those people have such a thoughtful friends.

Today, I did it myself too! I wish my friend will feel the same way, IT's a pleasure to have me as friend.



No comments: